Thread: Rogue around Medford?

Default Rogue around Medford?

I might have to go up there for work on Friday and if so, might bring a rod and fish Saturday. Never fished it so its a crap shoot for me, was hoping someone can point me to decent starting area for wade fishing.

Figure to bring the 6 wt TH, and a 7 and 8 SH setups?

7wt switch is a ticket being there are winter fish in the system now. Tovelle is probably a good place to fish around. Above the bridge and even blow in the run down there. Black and blue marabou leech, black and red leech. Add flash in copper color or some uv strips of flash will also work. Wading can be tricky in some areas being some places have clay banks.

At 1900 in grants pass its still wadable up river. Might want to use something in the T11 range or Type 8 if using tapered tips. Casey Park above Shady cove might have some nice fish in it. Also at shady cove if not many boats are around the boat launch area. Its hit and miss in the winter. Good luck!

Tight Lines!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Get in touch with the Ashland Fly Shop. They are dialed in on that section of the river.

Thanks for the tips, turns out the call got sent to another engineer this time.