Thread: Lower Feather

Default Lower Feather

Does anyone know what the river looks like between the hatchery and the Highway 70 bridge after the last year flood? I'm planning on floating it this week in my new 10 foot raft. Any intel would be appreciated.

Thx,
    Dave

If you’re just talking the short town stretch from the hatchery down under the 70 bridge, there was surprisingly little change. The town run opposite the hatchery looks like it may have deepened out a bit along the north shore, but overall it looks pretty much the same as it did before. It’s short enough that you probably don’t need a raft in that stretch...

Thx for the info. I'll float it to the RV park, more to try out the raft with another person in it. I've only used it by myself on the Trinity thus far.

The RV Park is charging $20 now to pull your boat in or out.

The river below the 162 bridge has changed. There is no hazards to really worry about. The fishing has been good, great then ok. It just matters on the day.

Most of the steelhead below the hatchery to the Hwy 70 bridge are on redds and preparing to spawn.

Top flies have been mayfly and caddis nymphs. Also swinging dirty birds and salmon fry.
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com