Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Steelhead opener!

Ha! Too funny. Me too! As a matter of fact, lived off of La Riviera Drive, all of about 2 blocks from the river. The only time we would fish back then was when it got over 100 degrees. We would grab a 6 pack, an ultralight, and go jump in the river to cool off. I'm not sure, but I think we caught one or two bass or bluegills or whatever. Wasn't as important as cooling off back then!!

Fishing cut into the social scene too much back then. Now it's part of it. How times change with age.

Here is a picture of our garage back then . . .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	college kegs.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	13808

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    Ha! Too funny. Me too! As a matter of fact, lived off of La Riviera Drive, all of about 2 blocks from the river. The only time we would fish back then was when it got over 100 degrees. We would grab a 6 pack, an ultralight, and go jump in the river to cool off. I'm not sure, but I think we caught one or two bass or bluegills or whatever. Wasn't as important as cooling off back then!!

Fishing cut into the social scene too much back then. Now it's part of it. How times change with age.

Here is a picture of our garage back then . . .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	college kegs.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	13808
    True how priorities change... That's picture is awesome. I too lived on La Riviera and on two different side streets off of La Riv..... I spent a lot of time at Larchmont Park playing soccer... it was right on the river... used to cool off down there after a good training session.

Quote Originally Posted by BumpBailey View Post
    True how priorities change... That's picture is awesome. I too lived on La Riviera and on two different side streets off of La Riv..... I spent a lot of time at Larchmont Park playing soccer... it was right on the river... used to cool off down there after a good training session.
    Good striper water down that way... and WOW! That's some SERIOUS KEGGAGE...

Quote Originally Posted by cmcdhuibh View Post
    WOW I tip my hat. I've never even done a float. I used to ride the trail from folsom to discovery and back. Only started fishing it in the last 3 yrs. Have lived here 30+ yrs.
    Thanks. Now i don't feel so bad

On the Bob Simms radio show this morning they said that the Lower American River Steelheading has gotten better.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Better compared to what?? Keeping in mind that he and his guests need to sell trips...