Thread: Lower Sac

Default Lower Sac

Got out yesterday on a guided trip with my oldest son. What a great day on the water. We are blessed to have so many good guides in our area and Anthony Caruesco (AC FLYFISHING) is as good as they get. River is at 5k CFS and the big game going on is baetis hatch around 11-2pm. In the morning its slow and after the hatch it wanes. But during this period it was epic winter time fishing. Lots of big healthy bows eating emerging BWO's. Light pressure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1837.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	13744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	13745

Happy Holidays.

Nice CD! Beautiful clean specimen! Eating well obviously.

Thanks Eric. Yeah the bug population in that river is incredible. I've fished all over the west and those rainbows are as "hot" as any fish I've caught. The high flows last year didn't see to do anything negative. The width of that river and various channels provided adequate shelter for the fish.
    Only advice I would give is unlike some seasons up there where you can catch fish all day long there is definitely a window right now. Not much going on between 8-11. Only time to practice casting and take in mother nature. Lots of Herons, Osprey Eagles, and a couple bald ones. Enjoy Holidays everyone and be safe out there.