Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wader Repair

Default Wader Repair

I have a Cloudveil set of waders that are several years old and finally started leaking in the bootee area. I was going to try and fix them with Aquaseal but because it is in the bootee area I don't think it will work. I contacted Cloudveil but they do not have a repair source. Are there any wader repair sources available? Thanks

Most of my waders always leak in the bootie area. Can't think of a reason why Aquaseal wouldn't work.
    I put it on generously and haven't had issues. I would put it on the inside, let it dry and then do the
    outside.

Eric

Eric,

Thanks I will give it a try and see what happens.

Lots of stuff on You Tube about this.

Agreed there is a couple good videos and Aquaseal will work on neoprene. They actually sell a kit that has one specifically to repair neoprene.
    "Is this your homework Larry?"

I can't believe I never thought of You Tube. I go there for everything else. Some days the brain just does not engage

I thought that by buying top-dollar Simms G4, etc., waders, I could count on getting the inevitable leaks repaired when my feet got too wet for c. $50 a go. Part of the deal for spending that much.

But the last time I sent my waders in, my local shop (treasured: FishFirst! in Albany) who handled this passed along news from Simms that this was the last time they'd repair my c. 2016 waders under that deal, because of "mildew." Hm. I always hang up my waders inside and out after using and have never noticed anything like "mildew."

Wondering if another brand makes more sense next time, for a high-dollar purchase like this.

__Roy
    Last edited by roywest; 12-10-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Try Dan Bailey. Great waders and great prices and they have great customer service. I have bought 2 pairs of redingtons and have been really happy with them. Simms is just a name and frankly I am as hard on waders as anyone I know. I tend to look at it as an expense. If I get 3 seasons out of a pair I am stoked. So I refuse to pay more than 200 or 250 bucks. I don't care about looking good on the river. I am all about value for my dollar and performance. The fact that Simms doesn't repair booties at between 500 and 800 a pop for their products just baffles me.

Roy,

I find that very interesting because several years ago I had a top end pair of Simm's wafers that I wore maybe 10 times that developed a leak on the crotch seam. I sent the waders to Simm's and they said they would not repair the waders because of "mildew". I asked if there was anything they could do because the the "mildew" was not in the leak area and they said "no". To add insult to injury they wanted $35.00 to return my leaky wafers to me. I have not bought Simm's waders since that incident.

Gotta second avidangler's post. Dan Bailey is where I go for waders.