Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 season is off to a good start!!

Default 2017-2018 season is off to a good start!!

I think it’s going to be a good year on the Trin!

Sigh...Norman says "good now half as long" .... little video editing would help.....none the less thanks for the report

SJB -Nice job on the video. You guys have a lot of fun out there. Never lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    SJB -Nice job on the video. You guys have a lot of fun out there. Never lose that.
    Thanks John!

Some don't like excess drama
    Some don't like silliness
    Some don't like indicators
    Some don't like Pabst beer
    Some don't like profanity
    Some don't like Mary J
    Some don't like promotion of 'their' river
    Some don't like technology
    Some don't like dogs (especially while wearing the cone of shame...)
    Some don't like TOO much fun...

We all have our judgments and reservations but

I for one, enjoy watching other people catching fish and/or having fun. If their nature is pure and their intentions good and they are respectful of the river and the fishery, then HELL YES, I'm all for it.

The one issue I understand and embrace... is the increased fishing pressure on a river which social media sharing inevitably creates but that isn't going away any time soon so rather than fight it, I say make the most of it. Use this same media to educate and enlist support for programs which protect the rivers we know and love. And talk to people not just on the river but in the supermarket, the post office, the gas station. let them know about the fight to stop the tunnels, the importance of salmonids to our industry and heritage, the magic and excitement of taking your kids to the Nimbus Hatchery or how wonderful it is that the Mokelumne is having record salmon and steelhead returns this fall...

By nature, many of the lesser-known systems will remain lesser-known because fewer people fish them and those who do, covet them enough to not blow them up on the internet and even the few reports which do surface, rarely trigger a mass migration to the further, colder, wetter, rain-forest where the fish are more weary and catch and release is the norm.

The Trinity, though beautiful and valuable in its own right... is somewhat the 'sacrificial lamb' due to its proximity, ease of access and abundance of fish willing to eat.

I haven't fished there for years and if I'm going to drive that far, I'll go somewhere else more off the grid but it's nostalgic for me watching these kids drifting the T and I gotta say, rather than my usual cynical response to seeing someone post steelhead info on the net, I take comfort knowing that there's a new generation of humans who get the depth and majesty of our beautiful rivers and their steelhead magic within
    Last edited by STEELIES/26c3; 11-22-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELIES/26c3 View Post
    Some don't like excess drama
    Some don't like silliness
    Some don't like indicators
    Some don't like Pabst beer
    Some don't like profanity
    Some don't like Mary J
    Some don't like promotion of 'their' river
    Some don't like technology
    Some don't like dogs (especially while wearing the cone of shame...)
    Some don't like TOO much fun...

We all have our judgments and reservations but

I for one, enjoy watching other people catching fish and/or having fun. If their nature is pure and their intentions good and they are respectful of the river and the fishery, then HELL YES, I'm all for it.

The one issue I understand and embrace... is the increased fishing pressure on a river which social media sharing inevitably creates but that isn't going away any time soon so rather than fight it, I say make the most of it. Use this same media to educate and enlist support for programs which protect the rivers we know and love. And talk to people not just on the river but in the supermarket, the post office, the gas station. let them know about the fight to stop the tunnels, the importance of salmonids to our industry and heritage, the magic and excitement of taking your kids to the Nimbus Hatchery or how wonderful it is that the Mokelumne is having record salmon and steelhead returns this fall...

By nature, many of the lesser-known systems will remain lesser-known because fewer people fish them and those who do, covet them enough to not blow them up on the internet and even the few reports which do surface, rarely trigger a mass migration to the further, colder, wetter, rain-forest where the fish are more weary and catch and release is the norm.

The Trinity, though beautiful and valuable in its own right... is somewhat the 'sacrificial lamb' due to its proximity, ease of access and abundance of fish willing to eat.

I haven't fished there for years and if I'm going to drive that far, I'll go somewhere else more off the grid but it's nostalgic for me watching these kids drifting the T and I gotta say, rather than my usual cynical response to seeing someone post steelhead info on the net, I take comfort knowing that there's a new generation of humans who get the depth and majesty of our beautiful rivers and their steelhead magic within
    Cheers! Happy Thanksgiving!

Quincy, lets go fish sometime on the feather!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Quincy, lets go fish sometime on the feather!
    I’m game! PM following soon

Nice video, great scenery as well as some beastly steelhead.

You guys sure had a fun time out there. Made me smile. Keep 'em coming!

Eric O

Thanks Sjb i enjoy all your videos very much. Also really like the use of the Buddha’s footprint symbol in the opening scene (3
    Fish connected at center). Don’t see that often. I got it tattooed on my arm when I was living in Vietnam last fall. I first came
    Across it in the opening page of an Allen Ginsberg book I read when I was a kid. I know he was very partial to it after he came across
    It in India