Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RV Friendly Campground Recomendations

Thanks Idadon and JayDub. Both of you gave solid suggestions! That bike ride on the Hiawatha Trail sounds awesome and just might alter our plans. We were planning on trying to see Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons before heading up to Bozeman. So, the southern route would make more sense. And, a lay over in Sun Valley would be cool. But, I think the boys(me too) would just love that bike ride! I think I leave this one up to the Mrs. to decide.

Thanks again Guys!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by BumpBailey View Post
    Thanks Idadon and JayDub. Both of you gave solid suggestions! That bike ride on the Hiawatha Trail sounds awesome and just might alter our plans. We were planning on trying to see Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons before heading up to Bozeman. So, the southern route would make more sense. And, a lay over in Sun Valley would be cool. But, I think the boys(me too) would just love that bike ride! I think I leave this one up to the Mrs. to decide.

Thanks again Guys!

Jay
    Jay, why I added my 2 cents on the other routes-

It is approx. 9hrs from Roseburg to Idaho on each of the 3 routes.

From Roseburg to Bozeman:
    ...Northern route to i90 is shortest & fastest. Coeur d' Alene to east is scenic. Several rivers along I90, so fishing is easy to work in.
    ...US 12 is most scenic, historic (route Lewis & Clark took) and easiest to work in some good/great fishing- but lots of curves.
    ...Southern route- boring high desert with not much to see/do until you get around Idaho Falls.

If you go to Sun Valley, try to make it 1 hr further north to Redfish Lake- Stanley area. It is worth making a day trip without the trailer. You could easily spend 2 weeks there. Campgrounds tend to be reserved months in advance since it is a favorite of locals.

Have a good trip whichever route you take.

Jim
    Last edited by JayDubP; 07-07-2018 at 04:52 PM.

On the Rogue and North Umpqua river for Steelhead I would be getting out there at 6:00am and fish for 2 hours.

In two weeks of RVing if you try to do too much or travel too far it might be more work than fun.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    On the Rogue and North Umpqua river for Steelhead I would be getting out there at 6:00am and fish for 2 hours.

In two weeks of RVing if you try to do too much or travel too far it might be more work than fun.
    I tried to avoid the long travel days but we will have a couple. I decided on the three nights on the NU at the front of the trip so we could actually feel like we are on a vacation. Not just one long ass road trip! I also have three nights booked a week later at a fishing lodge in the Forks, MT area. My wife and I will have our own room and the boys, theirs. I think this will be a key stop-over for all of our sanity!

Being a naturally early riser, I do plan on working on my casting and presentation skills during our stay on the NU(Don't tell the wife but, that could possibly be the reason I picked it). If I can find some shade I might stretch my time on the water to 9:00 though Bill. I should still be able to get back and make breakfast!

I appreciate all the tips and suggestions! Keep em coming!

4 days and counting/salavating! If any of you fine people find your way to Susan Creek Sunday - Tuesday we are in Site 19. Stop by for a cold one and say hi!

My wife and I will try to stop by to say hi if we don’t cross paths on the water. We are heading up Sunday night, yahoo!
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown