Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Truckee River...duck hunting?

Hi folks, some time ago I was duck hunting at Stampede too and hunting some birds was enough for me. One day I got a wild boar and I realized that hunting bigger game was just as much fun. So I began to look for options where I could hunt big game. So, I found hog hunting outfitters in Florida – one cool ranch that had all the amenities for an exciting and interesting hunt. I won't list all the pros, I can only say that it's really a great place especially for beginner hunters. You could even come there without your equipment, all the tools including different kinds of guns were given to me. Plus, I had some cool guide to hunt with.
    Last edited by Nashvon; 08-13-2021 at 12:03 AM.

When I was a kid in the 1950s and 1960s all my friends in south Sacramento hunted, fished and had hot rods.

Today I think hunting has slowed way down so lots of folks do not understand it.

If you were raised around it you don't think it is anything out of the ordinary.

I have not hunted in years but might enjoy a little bird hunting because I would cook and eat them.

If I go to South Dakota some October I might go pheasant hunting.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Let me know Bill. I’m an avid and busy pheasant hunter come fall. But I’d guess you have the good family hook up!
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Yea, this is why it's never occurred to me to even think about shooting out there. Was a surprise to come across this guy, hence me questioning the legality of shooting out there and the land designation. I've fished the LT probably 100 days in the last couple years and have found spent shells, but never seen anyone else ever shooting or hunting. I'd venture to say the vast majority of hunters are overly cautious and responsible, especially with such deep cover. I'm far more concerned with yahoos shooting off AR's at the Lower Yuba, literally seen dudes popping off rounds at the river rock embankments. Baffles me how you have to go through fairly comprehensive training to get a hunting license but not to just buy a gun and go play with it.

Regardless, safety first. Even above bacon wrapped quail breasts.
    At least in CA at a reputable dealer they would not even take a gun off the rack to let me look at it without showing my hunting license first.

Just like "A river runs through it" brought new fly fishers, the Duck Commander has brought new hunters into the field. Over the past 10+ years I have seen a lot more duck hunters, most of them young, and surprising amount of young ladies(many of them sharing their boyfriend's Copenhagen). Duck hunting has changed/evolved a lot over my lifetime with the use of electronic decoys. I go back and forth with the use of them; some days they work, some they don't. I'm lucky that I get to hunt with my father(76) and my son(16) most days during the season; but there are a few days every year that hunt soul-o.