Thread: POACHING - DFW meeting report - from Dan Blanton's message board

Default POACHING - DFW meeting report - from Dan Blanton's message board

POACHING - DFW meeting report

Posted by Bob Arwine on 2017-11-03 13:44:28

Thursday I had the opportunity to have a chance meeting with Warden - Sean Kenaday in the B&W parking lot. I was impressed with his background and knowledge of the Delta and several other topics... to me, he was a good guy. Poaching in the Delta is a huge problem. I was granted permission to provide his contact information to the Blanton forum group, which follows. It is important to understand he works in the Rio Vista area so he is the contact in that area only.

So, if you are motivated to help and you witness poaching happening do as much of the following as possible and contact him. Get the CF numbers off the boat, if in a parking lot get the license plate numbers, if the boat moves off, take note of the direction is was travelling, note boat color motor type and if possible provide a detailed description of the person or people in the boat.

The contact information: Warden Sean Kenady (916) 217 9756 -- Sean.kenady@wildlife.ca.gov -- Rio Vista area..

Dan Blanton's message board:

http://www.danblanton.com/bulletin.php
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Cell Phone camera will get you lots of the needed info. The zooms will allow you to keep a safe distance.

Good one Rockman......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    POACHING - DFW meeting report

Posted by Bob Arwine on 2017-11-03 13:44:28

Thursday I had the opportunity to have a chance meeting with Warden - Sean Kenaday in the B&W parking lot. I was impressed with his background and knowledge of the Delta and several other topics... to me, he was a good guy. Poaching in the Delta is a huge problem. I was granted permission to provide his contact information to the Blanton forum group, which follows. It is important to understand he works in the Rio Vista area so he is the contact in that area only.

So, if you are motivated to help and you witness poaching happening do as much of the following as possible and contact him. Get the CF numbers off the boat, if in a parking lot get the license plate numbers, if the boat moves off, take note of the direction is was travelling, note boat color motor type and if possible provide a detailed description of the person or people in the boat.

The contact information: Warden Sean Kenady (916) 217 9756 -- Sean.kenady@wildlife.ca.gov -- Rio Vista area..

Dan Blanton's message board:

http://www.danblanton.com/bulletin.php
    I met Sean 2 years ago. He responded to an ad I placed on Craigslist and I was later invited to his house to look at and purchase some model trains and duck decoys which belonged to his father who had since passed.

I politely asked about his father and told him I had just lost my friend Alan to cancer 2 weeks before. Sean looked at me and asked if my friend's name happened to be Alan Weingarten...

I replied, "Yes!" and added that he was a game warden. Sean smiled, looked at me, pointed and said, "Open that door." When I did, there before me was his big, green truck with the silver star and CDFW logo on it. I thought.... WOW! What a small world!

It turns out that Sean had trained with and served on the same core unit as Alan down in the delta.

We shared some stories and he gave me a killer deal AND he gave me 3 old split bamboo rods 2 of which I gifted good friends of mine and one which I kept to use and to remember Sean and his father by.

I'm not at all surprised that Sean shares his personal number with the public and encourages networking to stop poachers.

Sean, like Alan, is the REAL DEAL.... truly loves his job, his work and cares enough to enlist others with that same passion to protect the resources we are all privileged to share.

Hey Mark Steelies,

Just tried to send you a PM and couldn't because your PM inbox is full. FYI

I read your post back in 2013, " It is illegal to spearfish anywhere in the american river from hazel ave to discovery"

I was wondering what's the latest you know about CDFW enforcement, SCRPD enforcement (AR spearfishing), and do you still have names and phone numbers for contact?

M