Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Christmas Island

Please tell me they're not chumming GT's ....thanks

no, we didn't go any chumming. I think all the lodges have quit using chum.

I think if you go through any outfitter, you're going to pay the big $$$$$. they want to make their commission. If Crystal Beach lodge would put me up in one of those little buildings and feed us, I could handle that. Since they have a lot of guide who don't work every day, I'm sure they would like to work a day or two then take off a few days then start up fishing again. Three to four weeks of walking those flats would kill me. I might try contacting the villages and Ikari house to see if they would do a 3 or 4 week stay and how much.

Thanks for that reassurance Baja Fly Fisher.Guiding is the #1 job to aspire to on C.I.and one of the advantages of staying in The Villages is that each angler is assigned his/her own Guide,versus one Guide shared between two anglers at all the other Lodges (as far as I'm aware).They also pay all of their Guides a salary, whether they're working or not which is commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Fly Fisher View Post
    I might try contacting the villages and Ikari house to see if they would do a 3 or 4 week stay and how much.
    I'm pretty sure both those outfits will happily do food and lodging only. They may even be able to organise a hire car when you need it. The other thing about The Villages is that you're already on a flat and can fish right back to Ronton [London] through Tennessee and Navy Flats.