Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Fishing Vehicle Question - Honda Element?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Right View Post
    Ditto on your points about the FJ, I drive one too. I believe but cannot verify that Toyota marketed these as a replacement to the old land cruisers which were aggressive no frills off-road vehicles. Land cruisers have since morphed into expensive luxury suv's.
    I second the idea of getting another Subaru if you liked yours. Economical, reliable and highly functional for your needs. A small truck like a Toyota Tacoma with a camper shell might be a consideration as well.
    We were in Hawaii last year. I started noticing how many Tacomas there were. We made a point of watching. It was amazing.
    Also, I have a friend who is an Xterra fan. He has a newer one now, but the one before that had a little over 300K miles on it. Cars in general are such bad investments, you might as well get the "least bad" you can. I'm pushing 200K on my FJ.

Pickup truck with a shell? My Ford F-150 4x4 eco boost averages 21-22 mpg. You can build out the bed area as you please for hidden storage and sleeping area. Subbies do have a good reputation

I run an older Tacoma and am considering an update- for those of you who run the xterra, what kind of real world mileage are you seeing?

I had the Subaru Crosstrek for 2 years and it was almost perfect. Cheaper and smaller than the Forrester, had good clearance, could fit 9' rods all rigged up. Decent mpg but no horsepower. AC would struggle in town at stop lights in the middle of summer. Finally got my dream vehicle. 4Runnner. I will have it FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    I run an older Tacoma and am considering an update- for those of you who run the xterra, what kind of real world mileage are you seeing?
    My X-Terra is a 2005. I've got 220K miles on it, and I get 18mpg freeway. It's got a 19 gallon tank. I can get 360 miles on a tank. The low mpg is the only drawback of that car. But the rest makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    My X-Terra is a 2005. I've got 220K miles on it, and I get 18mpg freeway. It's got a 19 gallon tank. I can get 360 miles on a tank. The low mpg is the only drawback of that car. But the rest makes up for it.
    Our '12 Xterra gets 20-21 but it is a manual transmission. I have a Frontier which is almost the same as an Xterra but a pickup body and it gets 18-19 but I have big tires on it. It is also a stick.

I am one of those guys in Hawaii with a tacoma 4 door 4x4 pickup. I have a pop-up tent I can put in the bed. Pretty popular in Hawaii, but they do get stolen. Love my truck, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    Our '12 Xterra gets 20-21 but it is a manual transmission. I have a Frontier which is almost the same as an Xterra but a pickup body and it gets 18-19 but I have big tires on it. It is also a stick.
    My 4.0 Frontier never exceeded 16.6 MPG. YMMV, literally.

Thank you all for your insights. It really does help.

As for the small Toyota truck: Got one...it is for work. 1995 and just got to 103,000 yesterday.

At least now I will stop looking at the Element as a replacement.

Thanks again.

Get a sprinter van 4x4 package

Yeah baby
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!