Thread: Dunsmuir & Lewiston

Default Dunsmuir & Lewiston

Last weekend Chef Charlie and I ran up to Dunsmuir to fish the Upper Sac. First trip to the Upper Sac since last year's epic precipitaion. Lots of my favorite holes have changed, so it was fun trying to find the new holding spots. But sad to say, the numbers are not there anymore. Even my cousin-in-law, Dr. Bruce, who used to fish with Ted Fay and his son (his buddy) hadn't had his usual numbers a couple weeks before. But I got fish in most spots around the south end of town down to McCardle Flat. In fact, using a sculpin on the lower section, I hooked into a huge trout probably up from the lake as they do this time of the year. After a couple powerful runs, it shot across to the opposite bank, broke the surface with a big swirl and got off... so strong!

On Sunday, we met my mentor, Benson, in Redding and he took us up to Lewiston Lake on his boat. He got us on so many fish, mainly sight fishing. Using shortshank #20 chironomid beadheads or leech patterns, the Master of Lewiston got us a bunch of thick bows to 18 inches.
    Last edited by GoldenStone; 10-30-2017 at 11:28 PM.