I've been going up to an area called Perazzo Meadows on Google Maps about once a week for couple of months now and exploring. I'm assuming the creek that meanders through this area is called Perazzo Creek although it's not really labeled on Google or Cal Topo. The area is full of a small meandering stream that splits and comes back together in a number of places and also dotted with more ponds than I can count. It's a gorgeous area and very hikeable. I've only seen one other person fishing up there in all the trips I've made to the area and that was yesterday.

So, this area is loaded with small fish in the 3 to 5 inch range. I'm fairly new to Northern California and I don't know much about this area but I'm confused by the fact that there are only tiny fish in this area. Is there anyone familiar with this area that can help me understand why?

I really enjoy the scenery and terrain here and the fish are extremely willing to take a dry fly and don't seem to care what kind. There are mostly Brookies in this area, although I've also been catching Cuthroats and the occasionally brown. I've also been working the upper reaches of the Little Truckee from where forest road 0720 crosses it down to where Henness Pass road crosses and am seeing the same conditions.