Hey everyone, started this thread to get some feedback on those who have used the VICE and also those who have broken rods at the ferrels.

Long story short, I have broken 4 VICE rods at the ferrels. 4! 2 Different lengths. Broken my 10'0 7 wt twice, and my 9'6" 7 wt twice. I wanted to love this rod. I like light weight rods and boy it's light.

Fished for both Trinity Steelhead and Pyramid Cutties on these rods. Every time it broke, I could see the ferrels splitting and knew it was a matter of time. The 9'6" was mostly used for throwing the 7 wt Sonar Titan Line.(240 grain). I could tell, it was struggling to handle the load in the middle of the rod but I had no other options.

SNAP. Done again. I must be honest, I have used other cheaper 7wt rods that have lasted years...

Redington's response, "Maybe you should upgrade to an 8wt..." I must admit, they didn't charge me the warranty for two of the rods last year. And their warranty crew has been a lot more reasonable, waiving the cost at the 2nd break....but...

What's your feedback? Am I overloading this rod?