Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galvan Torque Reel

ERICO- Great fish... Why not post it right!

I'm a Ross guy. First reels I owned and they've always treated me right. They get beat to death and still work for me. Also for most fishing I do (midsize to smaller streams/creeks) drag is a little overrated. Steelies,Bonefish, Salmon, and big rivers like Sac I can see.

Hey CD,

Ya, I think drags are overrated too, cept for maybe steelhead or saltwater fish. If I can get them
    in without the drag, I'll just strip em in, but gets harder with bigger fish, so those go on the reel.

That fish was long ago, so i don't pull em out of the water like that anymore. Live and learn.
    Even though the fish did bolt out of my hands.

I only have one Ross ...the Gunnison. Been a really good reel. Beat the heck out of it.
    Although it does have a "clackety clack" sounds as you reel in, so that kind of annoys me
    but the drag is money.

My go to's for quite a while now are the OB3 and OB4 Galvan's. They take a lickin and
    keep on tickin. At least for me.

Eric

I have a T-8 and a T-10 that I have use in fresh and salt water. I have now had them for about 8 years, a quick rinse in fresh water and they are still like new.

I think if you hook something 7-8+ Lbs on the T, you better have a good drag.....and have your track shoes on.....
    Only as you approach Walter class fish do you find out how important a smooth drag is.

Jim