Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galvan Torque Reel

Default Galvan Torque Reel

Looking to see if there is a simple fix for my Galvan Torque T-8 reel. It seems as though my drag is stuck. I can't get the drag to lighten up. For ease of description, on a scale of 1-10 my drag feels like it is stuck on 9.....

Trying to avoid sending it back to Galvan for them to fix as i am hoping to use it this weekend....

Any ideas?????

Call Galvan....
    you may get a loaner or they may have a temp fix.
    They are great folks who can/will help.

Jim

Loosen that thing up..I have 2 galvans that do this.
    Their customer service is great.
    But I dont see how people are so gaga over the reels when they have consistent issues freezing up.
    Pos reels imo.

Default Galvan Reels

That's quite a blanket condemnation of all Galvan Reels. My partner and I've used them on my rods and on our guides rods for lots of Black Bass and Stripers without issue of sticking drags and I've seen them used in Baja without issue as well. I'm not saying that can't occur but it certainly doesn't occur every time or on every Galvan reel....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I use Galvan's all the time I have tons of them. new to old they have never failed me.

Awesome reel. Send it back and the folks at Galvan will take care of it.
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

I use Galvan reels almost exclusively and have only had one problem. I called Galvan they explained they had gotten a bad batch of grease for the drag system which caused the problem. I sent the reel in and it was repaired. If I remember correctly the turn around time was only about a week.

Someone will have troubles with any brand fly reel and it effects them personally but overall they seem to work for many.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I guess it's different strokes for everyone. I have two Galvan's, older ones. An OB3 and an absolute
    beat to crap OB4...it was green around 10 years ago, now it's green with metal chips and scratches.

The drag has never failed me once. Caught some hogs with it too....this was my biggest Truckee
    fish about four years ago (just for sh** and giggles). The reel was a screamin'

Eric

I have a Galvan Torque or Rush--can't remember which one. I also had a problem with the drag, my issue is it would go from tight to free spooling. After losing way to many fish because of it I finally sent it back to Galvan and they were a pleasure to work with, fixed It ,and fixed it fast. Only problem was/is about three months after using it again, same issue. Have not sent it back yet. Moral of story, in my experience great customer service, but unfortunately their product has had some issues for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    I have a Galvan Torque or Rush--can't remember which one. I also had a problem with the drag, my issue is it would go from tight to free spooling. After losing way to many fish because of it I finally sent it back to Galvan and they were a pleasure to work with, fixed It ,and fixed it fast. Only problem was/is about three months after using it again, same issue. Have not sent it back yet. Moral of story, in my experience great customer service, but unfortunately their product has had some issues for me.
    Thank you!
    I have the same issues. 2 different galvan reels. Both have been returned and fixed. Both still seize up.
    Time to go back in the mail I guess.