Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue River has been good.....more feedback.

Death of our fisheries (causes)
    1. Petroleum products ( gasoline, diesel and motor oil)
    2. Roads (asphalt process)
    3. Wood (logging practices)
    4. Industrial processes ( carbon, boron and synthetics)
    5. Government

If you drove to the river, put on your waders, rainproof coat, boots and took out your custom fly rod, reel, plastic fly line, synthetic fly or voted for Jerry Brown you to may have contributed to the death of our fishery.
    If you walk to the river naked carrying the bamboo fly rod you built out of the bamboo you grew, the wooden reel you carved and the fly you tied made out of the feathers you picked up along the way on to the line you wove and the gut leader you have have not contributed to the death of or fisheries.
    PS. Please don't pee in the river.
    I apologize for the pic and I assure the steelhead I catch will never touch the bank again. Good Luck and Tight fly lines to all
    Last edited by POPPOP; 09-30-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by POPPOP View Post
    Death of our fisheries (causes)
    1. Petroleum products ( gasoline, diesel and motor oil)
    2. Roads (asphalt process)
    3. Wood (logging practices)
    4. Industrial processes ( carbon, boron and synthetics)
    5. Government

If you drove to the river, put on your waders, rainproof coat, boots and took out your custom fly rod, reel, plastic fly line, synthetic fly or voted for Jerry Brown you to may have contributed to the death of our fishery.
    If you walk to the river naked carrying the bamboo fly rod you built out of the bamboo you grew, the wooden reel you carved and the fly you tied made out of the feathers you picked up along the way on to the line you wove and the gut leader you have have not contributed to the death of or fisheries.
    PS. Please don't pee in the river.
    I apologize for the pic and I assure the steelhead I catch will never touch the bank again. Good Luck and Tight fly lines to all
    One thing I have learned is that none of us are perfect or pure. And there are gradations of ethics and no such thing as a single line between right and wrong. I do my best to take care of the fish but I also kill and eat many fish from our local river. I have had well known/liked guys on this forum call me out, in a roundabout sort of way, for harvesting fish. In one member's eyes *he is strictly catch and release) I must seem like a serial killer...

I once lifted an 8lb 'wild' spring steelhead out of the water for a fast 3 seconds and 2 shutter clicks for a photo and had a game warden and good friend of mine call me out on it. It really bothered me for several days until I could meet with said warden and discuss it with him...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arsteelwildapril4102015close.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	13448

My guess is that you probably caught that fish and you were thinking about the quickest and easiest way to get a photo of her without banging her head against rocks. You probably took the photo really fast and held her in the water until she was clear of sand, rested and able to shoot off on her own and with force and she's probably swimming around laughing about it now.

The fact that you came on here and assumed a name to make a post about it says more about your integrity than the fish photo so Thank you David.

Had you posted the photo and report yourself, I would have sent you a private message with a subtle suggestion about keeping it in the water.

Anyway, I'm not really a fish Nazi any more than you are a trout abuser

I wish you all the best and I cannot say the same for Gov. Brown...

Thanks Steelie I think along the same line as you. I do keep a couple fresh salmon a year, a couple stripers and a couple black bass a year and enjoy eating them. I don't keep trout or steelhead unless I see blood. I always crush the barb and hope the fish gets off at my feet. Maybe will meet on the river but I won't talk politics. At my age I only fish weekdays. Good luck and see ya on the river

Regarding fish pictures I've turned away from the picture with the angler in them other than hands. Let's face it, when you take a fishing trip and bring home pictures both you and anyone you share them with knows who is in the pictures or who's trip it was.

In the water trumps all other shots.

No one can bust on you for photos like those unless they are being unreasonable.

When I see fish photos wherein the fish is out of the water but going to be released I cringe. Here it's against the regulations to remove them but many do.