Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: raft experiences

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    PV- got an email from Watermaster rafts- they have just introduced (introducing) the Watermaster Bruin, a 2 person , 11.5ft raft that has removable floor and NRS frame to which you can add raised hard seats.

Looks like you could use it without frame or floor to save weight on small water or go all out to handle whitewater. Pictures look good and specs are nice BUT price is little high, starts at $2,995, but they usually offer tradeshow specials.

Do not know if they had it at the ISE Show, but Pleasanton Fly Fishing show in in March and if you called Watermaster, they should bring it.

JIm
    thanks for the heads up. i heard about this and saw a couple of photos via someone i follow on Instagram. The price is high relative to Catchercraft, but it probably warrants a look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp-cam-509296470.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	14054
    Picked up this Catchercraft SRB last week. Nice looking boat with rigid drop stitch floor and anchor system. Going to get it wet in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post

Name:	tmp-cam-509296470.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	14054
    Picked up this Catchercraft SRB last week. Nice looking boat with rigid drop stitch floor and anchor system. Going to get it wet in a couple of days.
    Gotten it out yet? How did you like it?

I demo'd one on the Yak in Washington, but had an unforseeable technical problem, so really didn't get a great feel for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Gotten it out yet? How did you like it?

I demo'd one on the Yak in Washington, but had an unforseeable technical problem, so really didn't get a great feel for it.
    I've had it out a couple of times on the lower Sac by myself. Fully rigged, it fits in the back of my F150 with a little creativity. For what it is, the SRB is a great 1 person boat with the option for 2. It has a pretty rigid drop stitch SUP type floor which I like. Performance wise, with 1 person, it rows well with 8ft Cataracts, is very maneuverable yet tracks well for a small raft. The overall width at 57" is narrow compared to brand rafts but it easily fits in my truck. Leelock anchor system works great and the frame is bombproof. The raft is a Maxxon XSB 320, from China, an OK but not great raft. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Use it to get to spot to spot. At high flows its nice to be able to anchor off the edges or flats to stand and fish from the boat.

Name:	tmp-cam-1589994309.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	14141
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp-cam-300379829.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	14140  

Wonderful......looks like a nice setup for two....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
    I've had it out a couple of times on the lower Sac by myself. Fully rigged, it fits in the back of my F150 with a little creativity. For what it is, the SRB is a great 1 person boat with the option for 2. It has a pretty rigid drop stitch SUP type floor which I like. Performance wise, with 1 person, it rows well with 8ft Cataracts, is very maneuverable yet tracks well for a small raft. The overall width at 57" is narrow compared to brand rafts but it easily fits in my truck. Leelock anchor system works great and the frame is bombproof. The raft is a Maxxon XSB 320, from China, an OK but not great raft. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Use it to get to spot to spot. At high flows its nice to be able to anchor off the edges or flats to stand and fish from the boat.

Name:	tmp-cam-1589994309.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	14141
    Thanks for the insight!

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but are you still liking the SRB? I'm going through a similar search now and would appreciate your long term input.
    Mike Monahan

Yes, still like the SRB. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Last edited by Peter S; 12-11-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monahan100 View Post
    Sorry to bring back an old thread, but are you still liking the SRB? I'm going through a similar search now and would appreciate your long term input.
    Catchercraft has some nice raft concepts. A friend in Washington has had one for 3-4 years that I have used twice on rivers with him in the front seat. IMHO the Maxxon raft was not top quality material or construction (especially seams), but he loves it and has never had any issues so it is just my opinion. The frame and accessories were very well made and everything is well-thought out for fishing. It is heavy so you will need 2 people or wheels or a dolly to move it very far, especially loaded with gear.

Trade shows provided me with the time to talk in depth with manufacturers plus to see & touch the boats.

There should be a lot of boats/rafts/cataracts at both ISE Show Sacramento 1/17-20 and The Fly Fishing Show in Pleasanton 2/22-24.

Jim