Thread: Light two handed Spey or Switch rods for trout and Half-pounder Steelhead.

Default Light two handed Spey or Switch rods for trout and Half-pounder Steelhead.

Was just talking with Nor Cal guide Lincoln Gray.

He said they are having a good run of Half-pounders on the Low Flow of the Lower Feather River.

He said they are 14 to 8 inches so I guess I am going to get up there because I have not had any luck on the Lower American.

I told him I was looking at getting a little two handed rod for Half-pounders.

I said I was thinking of the Redington Trout Spey that is 11'6" #4 in 4 piece for $349.

He said that would be good but his favorite is the Sage Pulse 11' #3 in 4 piece for $550.

I will let you know what I get......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Love the light trouters Bill! You'll love it, just a nice easy relaxing stroke. It's easy to overpower the trout spey
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 09-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.

I vote for the pulse
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

I would go with the #3. if you want to target trout. I have a 4 wt and I think they are more of light steelhead rods.

Im getting excited cant wait to hear a review of whatever rod you get IM curioyus about bothe rods you mentioned!