Wife & I drove from Bay Area to Sacramento last weekend to look at the Lower American access. Based on my visual observations at Watt Ave access & Howe Ave access, Bill was right that American should be at 2,000cfs to wade ( it was 3200+)

On the way we stopped at Café Rolle 54th and H St, in Sacramento (not too far from Sac State Univ). We had seen it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives some time ago....

Best sandwich I have had in my 70 years.

Salmon, caramelized onions with chipotle mayo and melted gruyere cheese on a toasted baguette. Wife had cold salmon & dill sandwich on baguette. Can't tell you about wine & beer since it was 104* outside and I had a long drive ahead. We recreated it a home and waiter was right- the caramelized onions are the perfect fit for salmon (who'd know?)-- my new go to combo.

French chef/owner and 3 workers, all who spoke French. 10 or so tables with car parking for 6 cars...

Mine was $9.50, wife's was $6.50- If I lived in Sacramento area, I would not be posting this--- just like I would never post my honey holes..