Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Stan Still @ 1500+cfs.... Why?

Default Lower Stan Still @ 1500+cfs.... Why?

Can't imagine the Lower Stanislaus River/Goodwin Canyon section is still running @ 1500+ cfs.....anybody know why?

I understand the rainy/stormy past winter and all, but, it's almost Sept. and still flowing at that crazy speed?

It usually fishes @ 200-350cfs

Haven't fished it since early Feb., I miss my river......

Thanks,

Bob
    Last edited by yankeefanbob; 08-24-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Bob I gave up years ago trying to understand the release schedules on the Stan! Not sure where you live but you might consider the Moke. It's been at a very fishable 600cfs for a couple weeks. I've been doing well from a driftboat.

One of the largest forms of corruptions in our state is to do with the water.

Lots of greed.........lots of lies.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    One of the largest forms of corruptions in our state is to do with the water.

Lots of greed.........lots of lies.
    Yes Bill.....that does not surprise me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gearhart View Post
    Bob I gave up years ago trying to understand the release schedules on the Stan! Not sure where you live but you might consider the Moke. It's been at a very fishable 600cfs for a couple weeks. I've been doing well from a driftboat.
    Thanks Chris....just may have to check it out, never fished it, but, discovery is part of the game!

Default Flows

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefanbob View Post
    Can't imagine the Lower Stanislaus River/Goodwin Canyon section is still running @ 1500+ cfs.....anybody know why?

I understand the rainy/stormy past winter and all, but, it's almost Sept. and still flowing at that crazy speed?

It usually fishes @ 200-350cfs

Haven't fished it since early Feb., I miss my river......

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob do you remember a few months ago Dianne Feinstine had her fingers in the pot concerning the water in New Melones??? These people are not our Friends...

The answer is the south cal has to refill their underground aquifer storage and water Mr. Resnick almond orchards........ and yes Dianne Frankenstein if his right hand in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by mogaru View Post
    The answer is the south cal has to refill their underground aquifer storage and water Mr. Resnick almond orchards........ and yes Dianne Frankenstein if his right hand in the water.
    Kern Water Bank is the biggest re-seller of water in the state. So, much of the water accounted for as "agricultural use" is re-sold by the KRB to various water districts, including East Bay Municipal Utility District in SF East Bay.. the canal leaves the Delta and flows though areas served by EBMUD, but EBMUD has to pay Kern Water Bank to divert water.

Resnick lives in Beverly Hills and is on paper, a large corporate farmer. He is a good friend and business associate of Dick Blum, Feinstein's husband. Tejon Ranch is the other large shareholder of KRB and counts the Pelosi Trust as one of its owners....

As Bill said-- water is the real money & power grab. The movie Chinatown is a must watch... unfortunately the story line is still true today.

Right on the money, pun intended..........With the water, like many other issues we face, we have the enemy within....................

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    Kern Water Bank is the biggest re-seller of water in the state. So, much of the water accounted for as "agricultural use" is re-sold by the KRB to various water districts, including East Bay Municipal Utility District in SF East Bay.. the canal leaves the Delta and flows though areas served by EBMUD, but EBMUD has to pay Kern Water Bank to divert water.

Resnick lives in Beverly Hills and is on paper, a large corporate farmer. He is a good friend and business associate of Dick Blum, Feinstein's husband. Tejon Ranch is the other large shareholder of KRB and counts the Pelosi Trust as one of its owners....

As Bill said-- water is the real money & power grab. The movie Chinatown is a must watch... unfortunately the story line is still true today.

Quote Originally Posted by mogaru View Post
    Right on the money, pun intended..........With the water, like many other issues we face, we have the enemy within....................

The rich keep getting richer at our expense......son of a bit....!!