Thread: Quick NF Yuba Report

Default Quick NF Yuba Report

Had to drive up to two bridge sites on the back side of Bullards Bar so put the 4wt in the car and made a detour to the North Fork of the Yuba for a late lunch. Due to time restrictions, parked on the first pullout past the Hwy 49 bridge on the right as there is this nice long pool below a riffle. Fished the road side (wrong side) up to the riffle for one bump and then crossed at the riffle and fished the pool correctly. Caught three with one being about 11 inches on emergers and hares ear nymphs (sz 16 & 1. There was a prolific hatch of mayfly all afternoon and fish were slashing emergers in the film. It's not the Madison but it is loaded with beautiful native rainbow trout and a healthy bug population. Could be a lot worse. Beautiful day as well with sun peaking over the pines in and out of the clouds.

Tight lines~!
    rob
    jrsyboy

Thanks for the report. That sounds like exactly what I need! Any chance I can get some directions or a landmark I can google from yuba city?
    Thanks,
    Jared

Hwy 49 north of grass valley, its the 3rd river you cross
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 11-11-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Okay I've fished up near downieville but I haven't really explored too much else other than the yuba at hwy 20 bridge and near maryville rd. I'll have to get out there soon!

Head to Downieville. Just past Goodyears Bar, pull over on the right. be smarter than me and go upstream and cross the river immediately. Baetis nymphs and emergers.

tight lines~!
    rob
    jrsyboy