Thread: Graeagle area

Default Graeagle area

I am heading up to the Graeagle area this week in the RV for some much needed cooler weather and some R&R. Unfortunately I missed Lance Grays workshop up there earlier this year. Looking for tips and advice where to fish up there. Any productive rivers/streams up there or are there only Lakes? Is there a local fly shop up there? Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance....

Jamison Creek, Gray Eagle Creek, and Frazier Creek all contain small wild trout. A 10" is a trophy.

North Yuba is 20 mins down Gold Lake Highway and should fish well above Ladies Canyon Creek.

Size 14 Parachute Adams all day, every day.

I think the Middle Fork of the Feather should fish okay, but stay below Two Rivers where the water is cool.

thanks for the tips guys. Are there any fly shops up there?

Quote Originally Posted by jrib View Post
    thanks for the tips guys. Are there any fly shops up there?
    If I remember correctly there is an Ace Hardware in Blairsden that has some fly fishing supplies... maybe.

For a good selection stop at Mountain Hardware in Truckee on the way. They are well stocked with flies, tying materials, and equipment.

Think everyone hit the creek options up that way. The other fly shop, depending on which way you are coming is in Quincy ( I think it is still open). I think it's called Sportsmans Den. Real nice guy, but hours i recall were a bit limited

Also, there's a great guide up that way, who participates on this board, if you're looking for a guide. Jon Baiocchi. He also does great updates for that whole area on his blog http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

Rafadwg_34