Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a place to camp w/ decent fishing (float tubes) on Aug 18th............

Yep, the heat...can't wait for it to end! Thanks for all the info!

Is anyone familiar with any of the lakes off Gold Lake Hwy? I have always wanted to check that area out for family camping.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    Is anyone familiar with any of the lakes off Gold Lake Hwy? I have always wanted to check that area out for family camping.
    Hey Ben,

My folks used to live in Graeagle, so I was always up there fishing the Gold Lks area. There are some good hike-to lakes, but for camping lakes with fish, probably Packer Lake is your best bet. They plant the hell out of that place and the pellet-eaters will eat small woolybuggers without hesitation. Perfect for a float tube. There's a campground at Snag Lk with ok fishing. Sardine and Salmon Lakes fish pretty good early and late. Not sure about camping there though. For wild/holdover fish, you'll have to hike a little bit, but there are tons of lakes up there to explore.

Good luck and have a great time.

~Jeff

If you're not set on lakes, the NF Yuba is up that way too. Plenty of campgrounds there and tons of easy small fish for the kids.

Default Webber

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    Probably anywhere in the Grouse Ridge/Webber/Meadow Lake area.
    just got back from webber good campground,afternoon winds, great morning, cold 38 at 0700,did not see any fish, water temp reported at 70 Milton was full of people camping at 1130 fri.

Thanks to all of you who pitched in with your info.....I really appreciate it! We decided we are just going to road trip around up around Gold Lake and find a place.......Thanks beachjumper1 from saving me a trip to Webber! lol

I just went through Gold Lakes over the weekend. Several lakes just off the highway, and several campgrounds that weren't very busy since families are headed back to school. I haven't done float tubes (kayak once or twice), but have seen others up there.

Weather was pretty nice over the weekend. Happy fishing.