Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a place to camp w/ decent fishing (float tubes) on Aug 18th............

Default Looking for a place to camp w/ decent fishing (float tubes) on Aug 18th............

Hello All,

I am looking for any recommendations on Fishing/Camping in a specific area. It's a Dad & Daughter trip for next week, Aug 18th.

The area we want to end up at needs to be NORTH of HWY 80 and SOUTH of HWY 49, as far EAST as RENO.

Trout fishing would be ideal, but since it is August, Bass works too..........

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.....

Probably anywhere in the Grouse Ridge/Webber/Meadow Lake area.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

I wanted to check out Webber, but since it just opened to the public, all the camp sites are reserved.

I plan to call them to see if they have any 1st come 1st serve sites, but doubt it. I was also thinking Milton Lake!

I'll check out the other two you mentioned.....thanks for taking the time to write. Say hi to P-Town for me! lol

Maybe look into a high country pack trip into the high country for good fishing in August.

You need to get up over 6000 to 8000 feet.

Gold Lakes Pack Station

http://www.reidhorse.com/rates.html
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I'll second what Bill said. Great idea and fun too. Prices are pretty reasonable.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

I wish I could Bill and did something similar years ago! That would be my first choice but not this trip..my buddy Jon Baiocchi suggested Virginia Lakes in Mono County..however, this trip has to be in the area I mentioned! Just looking for a lake we can camp on and do a little fishing with our girls. Mainly a camping trip but want to catch some Trout or Bass. We often camp at Little Grass Valley because it is about the same distance for all of us to meet. It's a great place to camp but I personally do not like it for fishing. Although, I always catch fish when we are there regardless of the time of year. I just want to go somewhere new and for this trip, it doesn't have to be epic.

I am working in Reno for a couple days and my friend in Paradise said he would meet me somewhere after between P-Town and Reno. I probably know the answer to my own question already but just wanted to see if there was something or some place I am missing.

Milton Lake has good fishing but camping is somewhat limited and rough there. Jackson Meadows is close to Milton with more developed campsites. Those sites are generally packed on weekends.

Carr Lake by Grouse Ridge get a bits overrun on weekends but does have walk in campsites with vault toilets that are fairly accessible with a short walk. It's not quite backpacking, but you do have to hike for some of the sites. I don't think that those campsites get reserved. Float tube fishing can be fun there. Parking can be an issue. There are other lakes in the Grouse Ridge area that you can hike to from Carr Lake.

Hi,
    Sorry Webber is full up but we just had a cancellation and there is one campsite available for Saturday nite.
    I live next to Prosser Reservoir and it is fishing pretty well. Lots of camping, and not out of your way either....

Thanks TahoeJoe & John Sv......

Feeley Lake is always an option, camped there before. I forgot all about that place, parking can be difficult, your right!

I might just hit up Prosser for Bass.....haven't fished for them in awhile and could be fun for the kids.....water will be easier to swim in as well.....Last resort though....lol

John Sv - How is Webber fishing? I am guessing it has been getting hit pretty hard this year?

It has been ok. Fish are deep right now because it has been hot. It will pick back up. Not all that many people fishing it; lots of picnickers and SUPers. Plenty of nice quiet room for fishermen, you just need a type 6 or downriggers depending on your passion.
    I've been fishing Prosser for trout not bass, on dries