Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reputable rod builders in Northern CA

If you think you paid thru the nose-wait in tell you break it and see how much that cost compared to the $25.00 warranty on the factory rod....just saying

I don't think I paid thru the nose. I think I paid more to get exactly what I wanted

Let's hope it doesn't break, how about that! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Thanks again to everyone for the feedback here. Larry finished the rod and I picked it up yesterday. He did a great job!

As predicted, I ended up spending more than retail by about 30%. But, the customization and the quality of the outcome were worth it.

The rod will get wet for the first time either next weekend or the one after. I will post a couple photos of the rod and the first fishing experiment soon.
    Stoked for ya!!!!

I'm happy you were able to find someone to do a good rod for you, the value of that rod will no doubt be inclusive of the entire process and will likely care meaning and joy that is hard to put a dollar figure on. Hell, if we were all about saving money, none of us would bother fly fishing at all! Every once in a while I think we are lucky to find a piece of gear that, for whatever the reasons, becomes something much more than just a tool for us. Those are special, and it sounds like you're just beginning your relationship with a very special fly rod. May it bring you many years of joy, show us some pics sometime!
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Thanks Jason. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to fish it yet. However, I am spending Thursday-Monday in Sierra county and intending to fish lots of creeks...so it will certainly get some use, and I will bring back photos!