Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit River Access...Ruling Creek Campground?

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Fished the Pit last weekend, drove in from Burney. Only saw one other group on the water, only one camper/fisherman at Ruling. We stayed at the "primitive" campground just down the road. Fishing was decent considering how hot it was but we managed a few, seemed partial to a smaller dark fly (ap, copper john black, etc) on the bottom with an emerging type lighter caddis on top, 50/50 on the take. Watch for snakes, they are out and of course poison oak (I found them both). Fished 3 and 4, both good, wading was manageable but be safe...
    Thank you so much for the post! Glad to hear you got into a few. Stoked to hear access is open again to Ruling Creek and the other unimproved camps. I tend to use Ruling in the heat of summer due to a lot more shade throughout the day and bathroom access. Cant complain about $8/day really. Will be heading that way soon.Thanks again.

Fished Pit 4, stayed at ruling creek July 3&4, roads were clear drove in from the lake side, fishing was great, no one else was there camping or fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbers View Post
    Fished Pit 4, stayed at ruling creek July 3&4, roads were clear drove in from the lake side, fishing was great, no one else was there camping or fishing.
    Which camping site is your favorite one? A good place for ice fishing lovers like me: ludingtonicefishing.com/ It's the best camping and fishing site I know and it's convenient.