Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver Fork American water report 6/3

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Has anyone had eyes on the silver fork in the last 5 days? I am totally unfamiliar with "fishable" flows up there and what gauges to look at. Trying to decide what to do on Saturday and/or Sunday.
    PV, I'm only about 45 minutes from there and its still high. They've stocked it but that river has a lot of freestone qualities and we have a heat wave starting Friday lasting thru next week and you can expect this will be another big melt run off time. All that snow has to come down from 88-89 area. I like to hike back into Caples later on in the summer its too high right now.

West carson is coming down and fishable. I would try that before silver fork. But it will likely blow out again next week so if you do go I would try and go in the next 48 hours.

We all begged for H20 and we got it! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    PV, I'm only about 45 minutes from there and its still high. They've stocked it but that river has a lot of freestone qualities and we have a heat wave starting Friday lasting thru next week and you can expect this will be another big melt run off time. All that snow has to come down from 88-89 area. I like to hike back into Caples later on in the summer its too high right now.

West carson is coming down and fishable. I would try that before silver fork. But it will likely blow out again next week so if you do go I would try and go in the next 48 hours.

We all begged for H20 and we got it! Good luck.
    Thanks for the intel!

Will just do the Truckee area in this case...even considered the Lower Yuba but it's gonna be too hot out there on the cobble for me. Can't get out before Saturday...work is such a pain!

Mid-elevation lakes should be a better bet.......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Has anyone had eyes on the silver fork in the last 5 days? I am totally unfamiliar with "fishable" flows up there and what gauges to look at. Trying to decide what to do on Saturday and/or Sunday.
    I was just there on Sunday. Plenty of fishable spots, but lots of high flows as well. It all depends on your skill on the rocks and water. Don't second guess yourself out there. If you do not feel 100% confident, then go somewhere else. No need to become a statistic.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I went up on Friday, June 30. Hiked up to Caples Creek just above the confluence with the Silver Fork. It was warm - 80ish, and beautiful. Water is super fishable, but cold. I didn't bring my thermometer, but I reckoned the fish wouldn't be too active. A few little rainbows were looking up, however, so I got some solid grabs and landed a beautiful wild rainbow. Small, though, which I think is typical... I love blue lining for little trout, and this fit the bill...