Thread: Make a copy of your passport......

Default Make a copy of your passport......

Jim Christensen, at the shop, has traveled a lot with groups all over the world so I have been going to the shop on Mondays when he works to have him help me with this Cuba trip.

Jim said when you make a copy or two of your passport be careful to not leave it in the copy machine. He said this is quit common.

I made two copies with my 4 in 1 inkjet copier/fax/printer/scanner using photo paper to get a really sharp copy.

I also put my California drivers license in there on the same page.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

And bring a copy of the photo page of your passport with you, someplace separate from where you keep your passport. If you lose your passport, having that copy will greatly expedite getting replacement paperwork so you can continue your travel. It's not a bad idea to copy the visa page if you're travelling somewhere that requires a visa, such as Brazil or Venezuela.

and put a copy in every piece of baggage

In addition to having a copy in every piece of baggage, I even put a copy in my toiletry bag as well as a print out of the prescriptions that I am taking. Anywhere I go, it is always there.

Default Re: Passport Copy

"Jim said when you make a copy or two of your passport be careful to not leave it in the copy machine."

DID IT!!!

Remember that!

I only print hard copies if I will be somewhere without internet access or cell reception- or if the trip provider requires hard copy.

I have scanned pdfs of all my documents, medical info, prescriptions and credit card info (so I can telephone if they are stolen or lost). I split them between several secure online storage accounts.. Used several diff storage accounts so if one was compromised, the others would be okay.. I also have some password protected files on my password protected cell phone that have most of the same info.

Jim