Thread: Davis Lake Water Levels

Default Davis Lake Water Levels

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures taken out at Lake Davis Tuesday for you Lake Davis regulars. As most of you know the water level is crazy high, I think these pictures will give you a good idea of exactly how high. Included are pictures of Jenkins Point, Camp Five Boat Ramp and the Mosquito Slough put in.

Fishing reports continue to come in as slow but some fish are being taken. Water temps are increasing, 59 to 60 degrees, as is visibility. Not a lot of bugs out yet that I've run across and the fishing pressure is still very light.

JENKINS

JENKINS

CAMP FIVE

MOSQUITO SLOUGH

Pete
    AKA FeatherRiverSam
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Thanks for the great report and pictures.

We should have a good summer up there and a great Fall, October being a top month.

I would guess June would be very good up there.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for posting the photos. Truly a case of a picture is worth a thousand words! I am going to be in Clio for the next two weeks and I am wondering if the West side road is open to Jenkins?
    John Quigley

John I spoke with someone who had driven out to Eagle Point this past Tuesday with no problems. There was a tree reported blocking the road somewhere between Eagle & Jenkins point. Someone else told me you could reach Jenkins by going the long way around. It's entirely possible the road into Jenkins from the west side road my be blocked, not by snow but downed trees. I think your best bet is to call the Grizzly Store for this information.
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

A little update John...the access rds into Eagle & Camp Five are doable. The road into Jenkins is not, several small trees blocking it and one good sized tree toward the end which will require some work to move. On the main West Side Rd you can get past the Jenkins turn off but about a 1/4 mile beyond that toward Cow is a big tree which completely blocks the road. This is current as I just drove out this morning, Friday, to check things out.

Pete
    AKA FeatherRiverSam
    John Gierach

Thank you Pete! Appreciate the info and can't wait to see the lake in person this week.

Any current reports on Lake Davis? I was out Sunday. Lots of adult damsels in the brush around Jenkins, didn't see any nymphs. 12 noon had a cal spinner fall, no fish coming up. Still getting very soft reports. The lake is beautiful though.
    John Gierach

No report Pete...but I truly hope and trust you are feeling better!