Thread: Vice vs X - seen this?

Default Vice vs X - seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMltHqvqPTI

Is that just an X in different color?

interesting video/analysis. i considered buying a Vice as i am in the market to upgrade my every-day big trout and steelhead nymphing stick. ironically, the X is another rod i am considering.

i will need to cast both of them side by side. i'm trying to buy a rod i will be happy with for a long time, not sure the Vice will check all the boxes but the info here is compelling. thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    interesting video/analysis. i considered buying a Vice as i am in the market to upgrade my every-day big trout and steelhead nymphing stick. ironically, the X is another rod i am considering.

i will need to cast both of them side by side. i'm trying to buy a rod i will be happy with for a long time, not sure the Vice will check all the boxes but the info here is compelling. thanks for sharing.
    I've bought my $800 rods. Some I like after a while and some I don't. I'm retired and don't have the money pouring in like it used to (and I retired
    early, I'm 55). I think for me, personally, I should cast rods without knowing their price tag, I fall victim to the trap of you get what you pay for. I've got a lower end Sage Vantage 7.5 (7?) foot 3wt that I adore.

So yeah, gonna watch for stuff like this. I'd be very curious to hear what other people think if they do the side by side.