Thread: Lake Davis

Default Lake Davis

Thought I'd share a video I took yesterday 5/3/17 up at Lightning Tree boat ramp. Yes it's open and full to the brim.

https://youtu.be/FewdF-839F0

Pete
    Aka FeatherRiverSam
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Thank you for taking and sharing that video. That is a beautiful sight seeing that ramp underwater!

Wow... to the brim... so how was fishing??

I didn't fish, this was purely a scouting trip to see what was going on. I did talk to someone who had just come in and he struck out both fly fishing & trolling. There's A LOT of new water out there and the same number of fish so I think it's going to take a little time to figure things out. The Honker ramp is in the water. The West Side road is blocked with a downed tree. Camp Five is a mess at the moment, hopefully they'll get it straightened out. Water temps are in the mid fifties, didn't see any bugs out. It really is a brand new lake.
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by FRSam View Post
    It really is a brand new lake.
    I sure hope so........ And, I sure hope water management will allow the lake to remain at full pool for quite some time......

As an aside, you would think that if ever the 'fingerling program' was going to work, it would be right now! Also, how about a Bass Derby once in awhile too.......