Thread: Every fisherman's dream

Here is article about Kitty Hawk, backed by Google founder, Larry Page. It plans to be on the market by end of this year. It will be approved for unpopulated areas and looks like it would be great on N Cal rivers. No price on it yet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/t...logy.html?_r=0
    Last edited by JayDubP; 05-02-2017 at 08:28 PM.

I wonder what the payload is - and what the price tag is. Sure would be nice to cut the float plane expense down.

Default Fisherman's Dream....

I like the first one simply because it's sleek and looks comfortable to ride in.... But, aside from the unknown price and payload, what are the other downsides??? Who is qualified to inspect/maintain one of these flying cars?? What would the inspection/maintenance costs amount to?? At some point, I can see someone attempting to land one of the flying cars on I-5 or some other highway with disastrous results....

The Kitty Hawk looks to be a manned hover craft using several drone type propellers. It appears to tip front to rear constantly. Don't think I'd like to fly that one.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown