Thread: Folsom Lake Report

Default Folsom Lake Report

But on the other hand, we didn't get any fish either.

We've had some good days this year, but yesterday certainly wan't one of them. This is the worst the wood from the upstream log booms has been this year. We're about done with Folsom until the snowmelt is over and someone harvests the wood or somehow it disappears.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folsom Lake Wood 4-10-17 .jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	12841
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folsom Lake Wood 4-10-17 2.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	12842

Thanks for posting that, John! Guess I'll be heading somewhere else for the pre-spawn...

Do you happen to know if there are any measures in place for collecting all that drift wood or do you suppose it just gets left alone?

Well, according to the ranger a couple of weeks ago, most of the wood was harvested and on the shoreline west. Then the same people that were in charge of the harvesting brought up the lake level and the pics are the result......our government at work.

Those pictures remind me of when I was a kid and they were filling the lake for the first time. My dad and I would drive right down to the water and set up for a day of fishing. We took Rattlesnake Bar Rd. There were no gates or developed areas and hardly any people either.

I loved fishing bluegills under all that driftwood. One time I actually caught a turtle there that we brought home. When the day got warm enough it was time to go swim. All that driftwood made great canoes and outriggers for a kid.

When it was time to head for home my dad would let me drive the old Desoto around the shore all the way to Beale Pt. He'd take over then and get us onto the pavement.

Great memories growing up. Tony
    Last edited by Tony Buzolich; 04-13-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180