Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marijuana Grows

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    The illegal growers will continue to grow marijuana in California as long as it remains illegal federally. California marijuana is the most prized marijuana in the United States. What costs $1,000 in California, easily sells for $3,000+ in other states. The further you move California marijuana east, the higher the price goes.

Until federal legalization happens, the criminals will continue to grow in California because we have the best weather for it. Legalization in California will not stop any of the big illegal growers. I know this for a fact! California legalization will only help those that prefer to smoke marijuana than drink alcohol.

As for the religious smokers, the bible clearly states it was put here by God for our use.
    Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    They won't be able to compete with the industrial farmers in the delta and central valley on price....plus the taxes generated by legal growing will help fund additional eradication of illegal grows. Sure, there will always be illegal grows just like people will always make bootleg whiskey, there will just be a lot less of it than there is today. Once legal marijuana becomes a profitable industry they will make sure the illegal competition is kept to a minimum. Money talks.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    They won't be able to compete with the industrial farmers in the delta and central valley on price....plus the taxes generated by legal growing will help fund additional eradication of illegal grows. Sure, there will always be illegal grows just like people will always make bootleg whiskey, there will just be a lot less of it than there is today. Once legal marijuana becomes a profitable industry they will make sure the illegal competition is kept to a minimum. Money talks.
    Bob, until marijuana becomes federally legal, industrial farmers will not get involved due to not being able to use banks. And if you think this state will do something right with those taxes , you got another thing coming. Remember how we use to pay extra license fees to fish the delta, that money wasn't used right. And I believe the taxes will go to a general fund, but I may be wrong about that.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

The legalization of this crap is going to be the demise of a great number of values that the vast majority believe in..
    I for one do not believe that you should be smoking weed in your car siting at a light or driving. A great many people have no regard for their fellow driver/ citizen
    DO YOU WANT TO SHARE THE ROAD WITH SOMEONE WHO IS IMPAIRED either under the influence of weed or alcohol. IF YOU WANT TO FRY YOUR BRAIN PLEASE CONSIDER OTHERS. WHO WANT TO KEEP THEIR BODY INTACT.
    .>>> STAY AT HOME/GET HIGH/ BEAT THE KIDS OR WIFE JUST DON'T DO IT >> ON THE ROAD

E=Bob Loblaw;175564]Agree with JasonB. This issue doesn't have a political bias. We had a Republican inspired War on Drugs for a generation and saw nothing but more drugs and more violence.

I know some very law abiding church going people who smoke pot socially. They don't like alcohol and prefer pot. I don't see why i can buy beer in Safeway and they have to pretend to have glaucoma and go to a shady medical clinic to get there recreational buzz of choice.

Legalizing weed and taxing it will put an end to the illegal grows and it will create a source of funding to clean up the mess that has been created in our forests. That is already baked (pun intended) into the legalization proposal.

Of course there will always be people who will grow a little illegally out in the back 40, but the big industrial cartel grows will be gone and it will be grown on agricultural land not in forests.[/QUOTE]

Default Baked....

Lots of businesses could expand to include POT in their inventories. I can see it now, Freeport Bakery, Come in and get baked on our brownies.... 😳
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

RailKing...48 posts in 10 years on the forum...and when you finally chime in...its complete and utter paranoid propaganda. Cheese and rice, Reefer Madness,..oh noooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Bob, until marijuana becomes federally legal, industrial farmers will not get involved due to not being able to use banks.
    Accurate, at least for large/corporate growers. There is plenty of private money available now for growers with a track record.
    And if you think this state will do something right with those taxes , you got another thing coming. Remember how we use to pay extra license fees to fish the delta, that money wasn't used right. And I believe the taxes will go to a general fund, but I may be wrong about that.
    Doubtful you're wrong, Scott.

Hey TY,
    Not everyone needs to voice their opinion everyday just to feel good.. When you listen instead of talking you learn a lot more.

And, that's all these are for the most part, our opinions and speculations. We're all pretty fact free until the law gets fully implemented which is largely up to the local jurisdictions.

Sales tax on sale of marijuana goes into the General Fund same as any other sales taxable item BUT Excises taxes on marijuana will be treated differently-- with $10mill a year to the Governor's business development fund (GOBIZ) and "reimbursements" to several state agencies (looks like a way to fund expenditures that are normally paid by the general fund-- for instance why does CHP get $3 mill a year when most enforcement will be by local law enforcement)

From the CA St Board of Equalization website:

Are these tax revenues tied to any specific programs in the state budget?

No. The tax from the sale of medical marijuana is treated the same as the tax received from the sale of all tangible personal property.

When the excise and cultivator taxes from the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (Proposition 64, 2016) are collected starting in 2018, those revenues will fund:

Reimbursement for the BOE, Department of Consumer Affairs, Department of Food and Agriculture, Department of Public Health, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Department of Water Resources, Department of Pesticide Regulation, Controller, State Auditor, Legislative Analysts Office, and the Divisions of Labor Standards and Enforcement and Occupational Safety and Health within the Department of Industrial Relations.
    $10 million grant for a public university to research and evaluate the implementation and effects of the Act and make recommendations to the legislature and/or governor as appropriate to possibly amend the act
    $3 million to the Highway Patrol
    $10 million to GOBiz
    $2 million to UC San Diego

The remaining excise and cultivation tax revenues will be allocated:

60% to the Youth Education, Prevention, Early Intervention and Treatment Account
    20% to the Environmental Restoration and Protection Account
    20% to State and Local Government Law Enforcement Account
    Last edited by JayDubP; 05-28-2017 at 09:25 AM.