Thread: Redington Butter Stick advice

Default Redington Butter Stick advice

Looking to buy another creek rod. I have a 6'6" 2wt grafite rod that was my first rod build, I love it but was thinking about how cool it would be to feel the fight a little more from a full flex glass rod. I was looking at the 6'2" 2 wt but wasn't sure if I wanted to go shorter than what I already have so thought maybe the 7' model would be better but it's a 3 wt. my question is does the 2 wt perform differently than the 3 wt and is there another option someone would like to recommend. Keep in mind I would like to be frugal with this purchase since I already own many rods including already owning a creek rod

I felt some of them at the shop a few years ago.

https://www.redington.com/fly-fishing-rods/butter-stick

I would call Andy Guibord on the weekend at the shop and ask him about the different models.

I think that some feel more balanced than others.

For small streams these rods should be smoken' hot.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thank you I will give a call

I own the 7' 3wt Butter Stick, and I believe that you would find it a charming rod. Personally, I have owned 2 wt rods, but I have a pile of 3 wt rods and have fished a 3 wt about 50% of the time for my trout fishing during the past 35 years. In my opinion, the 3 wt option provides far more versatility than a 2 wt. Moreover, the 3 wt. line gives the impression of being far greater than only one line weight above the 2 wt line. I no longer own any 2 wt rods.

Back to your inquiry, the 7' 3 wt Butter Stick is an impressive glass rod.

Good luck!

Best, Bob

You might check out the echo glass fly rods. I love my 3 wt and they are a bit cheaper than the redington.

Thank you for the help I looked at echo and as they may be $50 cheaper off the rack I can purchase a butter stick for $125 but I think I have made up my mind I am going with a custom built rod I used to build myself and have a few friends on a forum who are expert craftsmen who offered a few options to pick from for close to what I'd pay for the butter stick and are built much better