Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Action on Lake Oroville

Nice post Ryan!!! Also clean land locked king for sure!!! Did it put up a good fight?
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I apologize for the late response. Been go go go the last 3 days with trips and scouting.

Dave, I'll post some pictures here of my rod tubes real soon. I'd just text them to you but my phone only sends messages 25% of the time. Bad service our here in the country.

Steelies your question is hilarious and a very legitimate question after looking at the picture again. It's the dog's tongue. Definitely looks like a dog toy though. Hahaha.

Thanks Aron! The fish definitely fought harder than the average bass we're getting out there. Looked like a really fun fight on a 6wt. My friend was really horsing on it at first thinking it was a bass so he got it near the boat pretty quick. Once the fish got to the boat though it started pulling. Took me a few attempts on the net to get it. There was no dragging that lively thing on the surface for an easy net job. Haha

Another update... The lake is still fishing strong. Basically all day long right now. It's normally only mornings or evenings for good action. Not the case now though. 3 days ago a friend and myself landed 18 in a 2 hour evening. Then the day before yesterday I had some newer clients land 26 in a full day, starting at 10:00. No monsters but what a fun time to be going for bass. Tons of birds and wildlife out right now too. Saw 3 bald eagles in one spot 2 days ago. And go figure the top producing honey hole for the day was right below the area they were flying.

I don't know why all my photo's aren't showing up anymore. It looks like they've been deleted off my photobucket account somehow..? Nice... Website is acting up lately too on certain pages.

Dave, here are the rod tube pictures. Sorry everyone for pics of a dirty carpet lol. Didn't have time to clean for these. Hopefully these don't get deleted off my photobucket as well.

This design isn't the greatest looking, and one could say it's pretty janky, but it works great. The stick jackets work good in the PVC. For the larger brackets, I just bent one end out to fit.