Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottom line-any fish caught in the American lately?

Default Bottom line-any fish caught in the American lately?

The river has been fishable for the last week.......any fish being hooked and landed???????. Come on guys, we need some excitement on this board.

Yes. But unfortunately, not by me.

I picked up one swinging a hobo fly last Saturday . 20 plus incher hatchery fish.

Nice to see you out there Jeff! Here is some excitement and to get some steelhead conversations going...lol!! Been boring around here without the typical steelhead arguments For adults only please.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QPD8L-...5YO954S1-R0%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLUJn...2syB_oW_-EA%3D
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 03-21-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Great to see you and your brother out on the river. Those are always great videos to watch! Funny stuff there!��
    The river has difenatly changed! Going to be some sweet runs once the flows drop!

Flows may not get much below 5K for awhile, which is fine by me for shad season.

No fish in an hour Saturday afternoon, but did find a nice level 1/2 buried in the gravel, couldn't budge it though. Waiting for the next King Arthur (Contractor Arthur I guess)?

save your self respect !!!
    Swing flies !!

Hilarious!!

fished with shorts under waders and not too cold, I did not realize how cold the water was until I submerged my arm to retrieve a fly that got snagged up on the willows underwater near the shore. The water was quite cold. No grads for three hours of fishing. Good seeing you as well Jeff. going to hit the river sunday and try again.

Scott K

To answer the original question,I watched a cormorant catch what looked to be 3 lampreys in about ten minutes at Effie Yeaw today. The river there is unrecognizable - completely changed, for better and worse.

Saw lots of little redds today, figured sucker spawn and some lamprey. Hooked and lost two with one smolt to hand...lol!! At least a wee bit of action before the 15,000.