Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2017 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Brutally slow! Not many anglers and boats. I only got 10. I feel sorry for the guys who travel long distances to fish for shad. With the dropping flow it's going to be a crap shoot if it's going to be any good tomorrow! Typically things slow down after a flow change until they figure out where they want to hang out.

Yes they really do move for a day or so when flows drop. When there is a flow increase it does not seem to bug them as much. I guess it's only keep going to see what happens.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

How do you guys count so high? I caught a $&/)ton multiple times this year. Shad are pretty dern fun

Anyone know if rossmore boat ramp is open?

As far as I know Rossmore is open. Only a handful for me last night. Reggie from the Bay Area did well mid afternoon but left because it was too hot and Earle Sloan did better across river. Gear/bobber guys outnumbered fly anglers 3:1.

Default You ARE the 'someone else'

Disappointing but expected outcome of today's vote by the Delta Stewardship Council ~ 5-1 in favor of going ahead with the Ca. Waterfix/'Eco Restore' (twin tunnels) proposal as amended).

I/m not sure what disappoints me more... the apathy that exists among folks who should be doing all they can to stop the tunnels? or those who wish to build them?

The fight is far from over but if we hope to win... we need more advocacy and support.

I know many fellow anglers and guides who profit from the fisheries of the AR, FR, and delta who were nowhere to be found today... I saw no familiar faces from Kiene's and only Dan Bacher from the Fish Sniffer in attendance today.

When the rivers are sucked dry and you have no more anadromous fish to fish for... look in the mirror and then get started on "Rivers of a Lost Coast" PART 2

I'll try to present a more detailed synopsis of the meeting at some future time.

Thanks to any and all who did make it out to the meeting today

You ARE the 'someone else'...

Thank you Mark for fighting the good fight! Only 2 shad this evening. Hardly anyone fishing. I saw one fish taught by a bobber guy and a Earle got 3 ( he said two and a half because one was so small). The river looks different with the overnight drop in flow. We explored several spots on foot and only had luck lower in the upper river.

Went out with my 12 year old daughter on Wednesday afternoon for about 2 hrs and caught 18. My daughter caught 4 on her new 5wt switch rod w/ no help from me and only fished about 45 minutes. She's going to be a shad catching machine in a few years.

That's awesome Ben!

Very exciting......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Lowering waters....Here in Fresno we won't see that until August. Both the Kings river and san joaquin are at flood stage and they are going to release more water tonight. Pine Flat is 99.3 capacity, tonight it's going to be 100%. Just wish they could store this water instead of letting it run out to the ocean. They can spend 10+ billion on high speed rail instead of putting it towards saving water.

8 after work. Aron and Benny did good in the afternoon. 8:1 gear to fly this evening! Andy was hooking em every cast across from me! I got tired just watching them land fish!