Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Jeff's 2017 AR Shad Reports

You're welcome Morgan! I have a full time job. If I didn't I'd probably be living down at the river during the shad run!

Fished the upper river for the last hour yesterday and only got 2 small males. I was surprised to see two other anglers and 2 boats. The two gear guys gave up and left as soon as the sun went down after not hooking anything. The two boats caught some small males. This is it for me. Fished 78 days straight and averaged 15 per day. Monthly daily averages were as follows: May 17/day, June 15/day and July 11/day. May was definitely the best month with large hens 4-6 lbs. You still might be able to catch them as they head out down lower in the river. You just have to be there when the big balls past through.

Awww too bad you're done.
    I don't even shad fish but it's cool getting the reports from ya.
    I ran into your sidekick and his daughter, Sierra this afternoon while striper fishing. They were out riding bikes. I sent a report with him for ya.
    See ya on the river soon, I'm sure
    "Is that a CLOUSER in your TROUSERS? or are you just happy to be fishing for stripers?" da-da-TSHHHHH

Nice record keeping Jeff. You're true die hard, I saw you almost every time I went out. I'm done with the season also, was a very consistent season for me.... good averages with some epic days.