Thread: Push to Transfer Federally Owned Land Owned by All of Us

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Default Push to Transfer Federally Owned Land Owned by All of Us

The movement to transfer federally owned public land to state and other private ownership is a major issue to all fishermen, hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts. And it seems to be flying under the radar of many people. This is like the battle to protect Delta water but on a nationwide scale.

I followed a link on Gink & Gasoline to this article in Field & Stream that is a great summary of the history of federally owned land and the potential hugely onerous results if this land is given away as some desire. Read the article and form your own opinion. If you feel like I do, write to your political representatives and tell them to retain federal ownership of all that land. Giving ownership to states has and will result in very bad outcomes.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...src=SOC&dom=fb

Default Federal Lands....

Ah yes,.... The sage brush revolution. Been going on as long as I remember. Gotta give those who advocate for transfer some credit for persistence. Federal lands have been the scene of several incidences of domestic terrorism in the form of bombings of federal offices, etc. There's plenty to be critical of federal land use policies over but I'm hoping federal stewardship continues and improves with time.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Just an update on this: HR 622 is still alive and is a real concern as it would essentially severely reduce law enforcement on public lands. The bill states that it would "terminate" Forrest Service and BLM law enforcement agencies and functions. These would be replaced (in theory) with federal block grants, via the Secretary of Interior. This would almost certainly mean even less actual enforcement of ALL laws on public lands, this would NOT be in the best interest of those of us who just want to go enjoy these lands for recreational purposes.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/622/text

Edit: the post didn't make clear that this is a separate bill, not the original bill to transfer federal lands to states HR 621. The threat to our public lands is just as substantial, just another attack from a different angle
    Last edited by JasonB; 02-07-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: clarification
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Exactly what has and is happening with our delta water.

National Geographioc is now on board doing an expose' on Paramount Farms, Westlands Water District, The Resnicks...

Check it:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ing-shadiness/

Default Expose'....??

Hmmm,.... What happened at Kern County Water Agency/Kern Water Bank occurred some time ago. Not sure what the outcome was but the SacBee reported that a group of NGO's sued Paramount/Roll International to try to overturn the transfer of public property into private hands. Haven't heard anything about it since the suit was filed. Probably would be a good subject to check up on.

In the video, the water company mentioned in connection with Kern Water Bank is Westside Mutual Water Company. No doubt established under Roll International or Paramount Farms to take over operations at the water bank. Another good subject to check out.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Expose not a correct choice of words...
    Mainstream exposure to the truth more accurate.
    For Nat Geo to pick up and run the story on Roll International Corporation/Paramount Farms/Westside Mutual Water Company and expose the shadiness of its founding and operation... helps to shed light on a subject largely withheld from the general public over the years.
    Last edited by STEELIES/26c3; 03-14-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Hey Guys, This will be airing tonight on the National Geographic Channel.