Thread: Wanted- 9-10 ft Pram or stand up Pontoon

Default Wanted- 9-10 ft Pram or stand up Pontoon

Looking to invest in something still water this year. I think late spring/early summer will be mainly still water this season due to all the potential high runoff. I will still fish streams of course but need to diversify.

I really want something i can standup in and be "out of the water". I'm not a fan of sitting low in the water or with fins on. Thx!

I have a Sea Eagle 285 Pro which is great for still water, not so great for anything above class 1 rapids. It is an inflatable with a hard bottom that you can stand up in. Check it out on the internet. I am moving out of state at the end of the year and am thinking about selling mine because I will be purchasing a real boat (finally) once I move. It is great for places like Manzanita Lake or Oneill Forebay.

Ryan

I just did a search for a pram for a friend, he has decided to look for a bigger boat so I will tell you what I found. On Craig's list there is a 8' Valco that needs a little TLC in the Bay Area, he is asking $280. OBO . I also found a nice 10' in really nice condition in Pleasanton for $500.
    I use an 8' Valco and love the stability. I am eyeing a 12' for use on the Fall River since two can fish out of it and I can haul it in the back of my long bed truck with no trailer. Put some retractable wheels on it along with a nice electric motor and a portable Fishfinder like a Fishing buddy and you will have a great little Stillwater boat.
    Also, Bass Pro has some flat bottom pram. The 14' one is around $700.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    I just did a search for a pram for a friend, he has decided to look for a bigger boat so I will tell you what I found. On Craig's list there is a 8' Valco that needs a little TLC in the Bay Area, he is asking $280. OBO . I also found a nice 10' in really nice condition in Pleasanton for $500.
    I use an 8' Valco and love the stability. I am eyeing a 12' for use on the Fall River since two can fish out of it and I can haul it in the back of my long bed truck with no trailer. Put some retractable wheels on it along with a nice electric motor and a portable Fishfinder like a Fishing buddy and you will have a great little Stillwater boat.
    Also, Bass Pro has some flat bottom pram. The 14' one is around $700.

Thanks guys for the response. That sea eagle pro looks pretty cool and you can put a little electric motor on it. I'm thinking 99% Stillwater. (Places like Manzanita and Milton) My river skills are suited better for walk/wade. I'm going to do a CL search too . I will PM you if I go your route.

cdevine, check my ad in the classified section if your interested in a Spring Creek Hopper II fully outfitted. Dave

I second the Sea Eagle 285pf PRO. I had one and loved it on stillwater with a Minn Kota eelctric. On rivers it was fun on most of the fishing rivers in N Cal, but like most pontoons, 90% of users should stay on class I. It is well made of top materials- like all of Sea Eagle's top-of-the-line models.
    The raised seat is high enough for most fishing although it is stable enough to stand in stillwater.
    I made a dolly from PVC pipe, connectors with wheels from Harbour Freight. It allowed me to fully load up at my car and pull everything to to/from the water.

I have a 12 ft scadden outlaw advenger xx if your interested. Has 2 frams and every up pos.in ex. Condition steve 209 423 4554