Thread: Feather River Spillway

Default Feather River Spillway

Lincoln Gray
    LG'S Fly Fishing Adventures
    530-520-6895
    http://lgflyfishingadventures.com

What is reality as regards the Hatchery?
    SF Bay Area TV is reporting that the hatchery is in danger of being destroyed so DFW is using tanker trucks to move all the fish... Is that to move them within the Hatchery or to move them to another hatchery or to release them into the wild.... no matter what they do it sounds like there could be a high mortality rate.

Lincoln that's crazy...
    I doubt the worst will happen and pray it won't. But looking at that, I'm glad we no longer live within a couple hundred feet of the river, on flat ground, behind a levee.....

Thanks for sharing that, Dave Ecklund
    Last edited by Dave E.; 02-10-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    What is reality as regards the Hatchery?
    SF Bay Area TV is reporting that the hatchery is in danger of being destroyed so DFW is using tanker trucks to move all the fish... Is that to move them within the Hatchery or to move them to another hatchery or to release them into the wild.... no matter what they do it sounds like there could be a high mortality rate.
    From my understanding the hatchery facility is safe. They moved the fish due to the amount of sediment flowing through the hatchery. The fish were moved to a different hatchery nearby where they were able to obtain clean water.