Thread: FLy Fishing Lodge for the Family? Wyoming/Montana

Default FLy Fishing Lodge for the Family? Wyoming/Montana

Looking for some information for a family trip to Montana/Wyoming. We are thinking we would like to stay at an all inclusive lodge that offers fishing, horseback riding and a spa and dining..... I am the only hard core fly fisher but our two boys 12 and 8 have fished a bit... Novice and beginner.... maybe two beginners if i can talk the wife into it.

Any experience or advise welcomed.

If you want a crazy nice place try triple creek ranch on the West fork of the Bitteroot. http://www.triplecreekranch.com/
    If you want a great place for fishing and dinning try Blue Damsel on Rock Creek. They don't have all the other dude ranch stuff there, but it is right on the banks of Rock creek and they float other rivers in the area.
    Don Memmer

Also, Paws Up on the Blackfoot River, or Rock Creek Ranch on upper Rock Creek. Both of these offer the full kit 'n caboodle. Neither one is cheap.

Triple Creek, Rock Creek Ranch, Rock Creek Cattle Co for fancy MT. Old Baldy Club or Brush Creek Ranch are pretty fancy in SE WY.

For true Western experience and if you can do without the Spa Upper Canyon Outfitters in MT or Triangle X in GTNP are both amazing.

Thanks for the input guys. I will check these out. Per the wife the spa portion is non-negotiable.... happy wife happy life!

Your wife might enjoy Red Mountain Spa & Resort in St. George, UT. My wife has been to quite a few spas and that is her favorite.

Looking for some camping suggestions now that we have settled on a lodge for our Grizwalds Family Vacation. We opted for Grey Cliff's Lodge just outside of Three Forks, MT. Now we are trying to fill in the week before we get to Montana. Our first night(a Saturday) we just want to get out of the Bay Area and get the trip started. I am back and forth on going up the 101 to Jedediah Smith State Park or up the 5 and trying to stay somewhere close to the McLoud. Form there we'll head into Oregon for a couple of days. Maybe a chance at some summer steel. Rogue or Umpqua last week of July? I think Wednesday would put us heading east and looking for places to see between Oregon and Three Forks. We would like to find some campgrounds that aren't your run of the mill KoA or Good Sam type places. Something more wildernessy.... ie on the side of a river or a lake.. Can't be too remote though... We will be in a 27' motor home and pulling a jeep.

I hope you all have some suggestions. Looking forward to hearing them!