Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cheap 8 foot prams.......

Default Onnatop or inside????

I've used a sit on top ocean kayak before and found that I really liked it. Of course, that was at Rancho Leonero, East Cape in warm water. I can't see myself using a sit-in kayak. Tough enough getting off from a sit-on top yak....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Jay, sometimes you have to be responsible for your own actions (smarter then the boat) Who in their right mind would Walk up to the front of a pram and kinda stand in a corner? I agree 100% you will flip over or fall out. My boat is designed to stand up and cast out of the back, If I have to do any business in the front of the boat, I sit down and do it. Another good way to fall out of a pram and I have seen many times is placing a 5 gallon bucket on your pram seat and sit on it. I have seen that scenario at least a half dozen times. In fact the only metalhead I have ever seen go down was a guy sitting on a bucket on top of his seat

Some of these 8 foot prams have real low sides, and work just fine in calm flat water, Where I fish we always have some kind of wind and incoming or outgoing tide to deal with, and strong currents, I wouldn't be caught dead in some shanky low sided pram. every time I see a pram flip, I know those people just lost most of there gear and tackle and I feel sorry for them, however it's their own fault. My 2 cents

Carl
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 02-15-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Carl, are the sides of your metal head and the sides on Almarco pram the same height?

RH,

I believe mine are an inch higher.

I changed the design about 4 times till I felt I had it perfect.

There are two styles of 8 foot Metalheads, One style has the semi V bottom and is usually referred to as the "white water" pram and then other is the flat bottomed style referred to as the "still water" type. I copied the flat bottomed one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3040001.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	12716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pram e.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	12717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pram g.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	12718