Thread: Latest On Pebble Mine

my brain hurts

Don't know why they just cannot leave this area of the world alone!

perhaps an appeal can be made to Trumps sons who are fishermen?

This is upsetting, but sadly it's not really surprising in the least. We all knew this was coming, just a question of when.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I get it that money is more important than fish and the environment to some. We will always have that battle, and things will ebb and flow in one direction or the other depending on who has the power at a certain point in time. But this is something that is not reversible once accomplished. A mine the size of Manhattan and as deep as the Grand Canyon, and the toxic tailings having to be monitored forever; what could possibly go wrong? There's something inherently flawed with many of us humans and it's called greed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsquires View Post
    There's something inherently flawed with many of us humans and it's called greed.
    The crux of the biscuit right there! The only good news on this whole mess, is that things will take a little while to actually move. We've not lost this one yet, but it does look like we'll be fighting an uphill battle for at least a couple years. I may, or may not get to ever fish this special corner of the world, but I do hope with all my heart that it remains unspoiled as is.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    I may, or may not get to ever fish this special corner of the world, but I do hope with all my heart that it remains unspoiled as is.
    JB
    It is a very special place, Jason, in so many regards. I'll be taking a group down the Koktuli in July and I'm already excited. I'm looking to put together another trip in Sept, during the silver run, so anyone wishing to experience this precious area firsthand, shoot me a private message. In the meantime, we keep getting the word out, contacting our representatives and donating to groups like NRDC and Save Bristol Bay http://www.savebristolbay.org/.

John,
    Do a trip w/ Trump's kids......if they SEE for themselves......? You and Joe ARE just the ones to show them.
    ....lee s.
    p.s. ..... I will volunteer to come haul fire wood.

Quote Originally Posted by lee s. View Post
    John,
    Do a trip w/ Trump's kids......if they SEE for themselves......? You and Joe ARE just the ones to show them.
    ....lee s.
    p.s. ..... I will volunteer to come haul fire wood.
    Probably a good idea, Lee, to show people like that what is at stake. How about you take them and let me know how it goes?