Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help...

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    I was jonesing so bad I was casting in the heavy rain runoff on my street, while it was raining hard -- I gave up after 30 mins because I got low holed twice. Did not catch anything, so it was almost like fishing the Lower American.
    I too was casting into the snow in my back yard as I have a new rod and line I haven't been able to fish yet. Target practice on my dog as she ran around.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    I was jonesing so bad I was casting in the heavy rain runoff on my street, while it was raining hard -- I gave up after 30 mins because I got low holed twice. Did not catch anything, so it was almost like fishing the Lower American.

truth is funny sometimes

At least for the Humboldt rivers, Sunday thru at least early Wednesday looks like may be the only window for the next 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post

truth is funny sometimes
    Sorry guys for your withdrawal..........BUT,I got into 5 nice steelies at my secret spot yesterday(netted 2), I'm thinking of ya!!

Pictures… Sounds like a fish story! Lol I am happy for you yet jealous too!

Had to try it yesterday. Standing at the edge of the willows on river left, casting sequence was downstream roll cast-snap T-downstream snake roll - cast. I assume the people on the bluffs opposite thought I was a homeless guy swatting invisible bats with a stick. 6" visibility in the sun, 46 degree water (So according to Bill McMillan we should be able to skate them up ), nada.

Was over at the aquatic center this morning, Natoma is still less than 1' visibility, so it may be awhile yet.

I wish there was something to try around here. Im close to the Russian and it hasn't been even close for probably a month. Fished some costal rivers twice, skunked. Fished another river about 4 hours away twice and got one bump. Supposedly from what I heard from other fishermen and then what I read about the trapping summary I missed a huge pod of fish by literally one day. I was aspiring to be a steelhead skagit bum this season...

You know its bad when your walking back from the river in January and a little voice in your head you try and ignore is saying "I wish it was shad season"
    Last edited by Boondockz; 02-04-2017 at 02:41 PM.