Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very full Folsom Lake

Follow the underground aquifers in the central valley, follow the antiquated water rights, follow their "unregulated" use/waste of that water, follow the money ..................we will be in a "drought" until they fill their pools, regardless of how much it rains

Quote Originally Posted by mogaru View Post
    The funny thing is that although southern California had a lot less rain than us their reservoirs seem fuller than ours.
    I hadn't really been paying much attention to southern California weather, so I was a bit surprised to see the latest snowpack figures. Interestingly, the southern sierras seem to be having one of their rare years where snowpack is exceeding that of the central and northern mountains of the state. As of Jan 20: northern california is at 143% average to date, central 168%, and southern 197%. It often tends to be the reverse order.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

At the moment Folsom Lake is 41% full.....here is a web. site for Northern and Southern Reservoirs in Calif.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reservoirs/RES

I was out two days ago and it's very low again, about 40%. Granite Bay is down to the lowest boat ramp, but lots of islands and trees showing, so time for bassing. A look at some of the major lakes above Folsom will help explain why it's so low in comparison.

Anybody heard a report on current fishing conditions at Folsom?