Thread: Switch rod swap

Default Switch rod swap

I'm relatively new to speycasting and interested in trying different rods. I've only spent a lot of time casting my Echo SR 5108, which is great. However, without having spent quality time with other rods, I don't have much comparison, but I feel like the action is a bit faster than I would like.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested with a swing session on the American or to swap rods for a week or so. Just a thought I wanted to throw out.

Wes

I would be interested. I have a Redington Dually 5wt and I am starting to feel it may be too slow for me and would like to try a couple of others in comparison. I also want to try other lines on the Dually to see if that would help.

That sounds like a great idea. Another thought along those lines, if you can manage, is to go to the Sandy river Spey Clave in Oregon in early May. It's a great place to get to try all kinds of stuff out, and some very good instructional presentations, along with plenty of fishing and fish stories. I think Kienes might do another spey day on the water this year as well? Could be worth calling the shop to check in with them.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown