Thread: My report from fishing out of Kamloops, BC with Chris Pasley.......

Default My report from fishing out of Kamloops, BC with Chris Pasley.......

http://www.billkiene.com/fishing/fly...s-kamloops-bc/

I just try to learn from top fly fishers and guides and pass it on to others.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, that's great thanks. I'm going up to the B.C. lakes in mid May. Trying to book a date with Brian but it looks like his only availability is the first week in May which I understand is pretty early.

I'm not a good midge or indicator fisherman because I hate indicators, but I'll practice here because I know that's pretty much what it takes as there are no baitfish in these lakes.

Looking forward to this one!

John

According to my good friend, Chris Pasley, May is the best Chironomd month.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I've gone with a group to BC every June for the last several years. Most of us aren't very technically-minded fly fisherman, we just strip/troll streamers and we still catch plenty of fish. If you happen to be near Little Fort, stop into their fly shop and pick up some Little Fort leeches. This fly has been the most consistently productive for us. (Looks like you can also get them online.)

nice post Bill. Bruce and I hope to head up there for 2-3 weeks late May early June

May can be very good and it can also be cold/windy. Last couple years they have had early spring and Mid-May was good at lower elevations. I was there in mid-June @ 4500', a few callibaetis hatching but not to many Chiro's. Dropped down to a lake @ 2500' and hit the travelling sedge hatch that was epic. Every cast to the edges and inside the weedbeds was rewarded with a 12-20" chunk, bigger ones were hooked but hard to land as they knew how to get right back into the weeds. Very acrobatic fish, the grandson had a blast watching eagles dive on his hooked jumping fish. If they escaped those (which all did) you had to watch out for loons; they work in pairs and hang out under the boat/tube when you hook one. On preparing to net the fish or on release they snatched more than a couple. One climbed in the boat after a fish, grandson had to beat it off with an oar.
    Little Fort fly shop is great for local info, super nice guys. Across the highway is the High5 diner, don't miss it if in the area. Homemade buns, grass fed local beef, ham & sausage. Pies from heaven.
    Hope to return in October on the way back from Smithers, weather permitting. Leeches.
    Robert